Amy Sande-Friedman advises new and seasoned collectors on the acquisition and sale of Contemporary art by both established and emerging artists. Relying on nearly fifteen years of experience in the New York art world, she works with each client’s aesthetic and budget to source works of art with sustained value and negotiates the best terms of sale. Amy helps new collectors learn to navigate the art market and establish their own tastes. Whether a client is looking to buy one piece or build a significant collection, Amy makes the process seamless, educational, and fun.
- Access to works of art on the primary and secondary market from international galleries, art fairs, and auction houses.
- Education through visits to galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and artists' studios.
- Negotiation of best terms for acquisition based on expertise and art market research.
- Formulation and execution of divestment strategies.
- Expert knowledge and logistical coordination for a broad range of collection management services, including conservation, restoration, framing, shipping, storage, installation, display, insurance, appraisals, and museum loans.
- Collaboration with a network of lawyers and other professionals to oversee collection issues, such as charitable donations and estate planning.
Manhattan native, Amy is a graduate of Amherst College and received her Ph.D. from the Bard Graduate Center. She has worked in the New York art world for nearly fifteen years, including positions at a world-renowned auction house and a leading art advisory firm. She lives in Gramercy with her boyfriend and a small fluffy dog named Hogarth.
Résumé and fee structure available upon request.